Blackhorn 209 Powder for Reloading Shotshells

westkraut

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Does anyone have any experience reloading shotshells (12 ga) using Blackhorn 209 powder as the propellant? I have seen a few reports providing charge data for other powders but none for Blackhorn 209. It looks like a great way to avoid residue of most black powders, but I have found no references regarding load data for various shot weights.....want to stay on the safe side!.....thanks....k;)
 
Awfully spendy sheet, if you ask me. Shoot black: BP shotguns are ridiculously easy to clean**, and don't foul up a whole lot. Plus it's fun to beat the piss out of yourself while unleashing stinky smoke clouds ;)

**Speaking of singles and SxS ones, of course.


Now that I think of it, I've not shot black powder shotshells since the days when the old Damascus double stood taller than I did.... Have done some muzzle loading 12bore more recently, though. Still bags of fun.
 
blackhorn 209 is really a smokeless same go's for 777 id just buy the real stuff hot water is all thats needed to clean it ad a few patchs(777 is more corrosive BTW)
 
Back
Top Bottom