Bought a new TC Encore last Christmas and got it out today for its first romp in the park - well range actually.
I used 80, 90 and 100gr loads behind 300gr XTPs in crushed rib sabots. So much fun to shoot and seemed very accurate and predictable - no suprises at all. I didn't set up my chrony but next time I will. Notable recoil only began when I moved up to 100grs - 80gr and 90gr loads were pussycats. Max is 120gr according to the Blackhorn data but my TC is the little 20" barrel Katahdin model which is pretty light. Heavier charges will get my attention though should be manageable.
I really liked the zero blowback - no crud or crap in the action - and cleaning was just several patchs of smokeless bore solvent, a dry patch or two, then a damp patch with Break freeCLP. Seemed sooooo much like my Savage ML was for hassle free clean up. No need to pull the breech plug every time IMO.
I think that this TC is never going to see anything except Blackhorn209 as long as I own it. That's the plan now anyway. But I do need to remortgage the house just to buy the powder - it's sure spendy !!!!!!
I used 80, 90 and 100gr loads behind 300gr XTPs in crushed rib sabots. So much fun to shoot and seemed very accurate and predictable - no suprises at all. I didn't set up my chrony but next time I will. Notable recoil only began when I moved up to 100grs - 80gr and 90gr loads were pussycats. Max is 120gr according to the Blackhorn data but my TC is the little 20" barrel Katahdin model which is pretty light. Heavier charges will get my attention though should be manageable.
I really liked the zero blowback - no crud or crap in the action - and cleaning was just several patchs of smokeless bore solvent, a dry patch or two, then a damp patch with Break freeCLP. Seemed sooooo much like my Savage ML was for hassle free clean up. No need to pull the breech plug every time IMO.
I think that this TC is never going to see anything except Blackhorn209 as long as I own it. That's the plan now anyway. But I do need to remortgage the house just to buy the powder - it's sure spendy !!!!!!


















































