NorthCoastBigBore
CGN frequent flyer
- Location
- Northwest BC (Rural) 103-I-##
Probably an Internet myth started by "antique" dealers - but wondering if anyone has any solid info on this:
On a whim and with eyes wide open, I picked up this "Quick Loader" for ~17$ because the fellow selling it said it was "for fast loading of muzzleloaders" (I presumed his logic is that it could be someone's odd idea for a fast priming tool for flintlocks) and even though I was highly skeptical since the construction and labelling is clearly past the flintlock age, I figured what the heck I can't pass up old junk and would look into this later.
Five minutes of googling turned up the fact that the American Can Company was only incorporated in 1901 so a good 60+ years past the "prime" (that's a pun) flintlock era...but still the googling kept coming up with folks alleging this was intended, at least in part, to be used in a firearm application.
Anybody have any actual, tangible insight on this? I recognize the obvious alternative non-firearm uses, but the word "loader" does loosely support the internet myth this is somehow for loading black powder (use with smokeless would be tantamount to suicide).
On a whim and with eyes wide open, I picked up this "Quick Loader" for ~17$ because the fellow selling it said it was "for fast loading of muzzleloaders" (I presumed his logic is that it could be someone's odd idea for a fast priming tool for flintlocks) and even though I was highly skeptical since the construction and labelling is clearly past the flintlock age, I figured what the heck I can't pass up old junk and would look into this later.
Five minutes of googling turned up the fact that the American Can Company was only incorporated in 1901 so a good 60+ years past the "prime" (that's a pun) flintlock era...but still the googling kept coming up with folks alleging this was intended, at least in part, to be used in a firearm application.
Anybody have any actual, tangible insight on this? I recognize the obvious alternative non-firearm uses, but the word "loader" does loosely support the internet myth this is somehow for loading black powder (use with smokeless would be tantamount to suicide).


















































