Blackpowder powder horn value?

Winchester30-30

Regular
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Location
Fraserwood, MB
IMG_0450_zps046e929e.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0451_zps77c5a6d5.jpg
[/IMG]

whats it worth? i had it given to me have no use for it, thought maybe sombody who does reinactments would like it
 
If you made it in shop class it's worth $10.
If you have documentary evidence it once belonged to Buffalo Bill Cody it is worth $10,000.
Perhaps if you were able to give some information about the horn we could narrow i down a bit.

Where did it come from and how did you get it? Do you know who made it or when? The scrimshaw/engraving and the measure mechanism do not look like a period-made to me. I would guess it was made by a blackpowder enthusiast in the last 20-30 years, and if that is the case then it is worth $$50 or a bit more if you could find the right buyer. But I am not an expert.
 
i appreciate the info guys and the offers but id like to do some more digging and see what its actually worth, if its only worth 10 bucks ok, but somebody put alot of time and effort into it carving everything, so i see it being a bit more then that
 
It looks to be of modern/recent manufacture - not an oldie by the style of scrimshaw and finish. No doubt someone spent a pile of time on it, regardless. From what I have seen in rendezvous, traders' tables, etc., it is worth $60 - $80 to the right person. By modern/ recent I mean the past 50 years or so.....
 
It's folk art now, and someone spent some time and effort on it. Should be worth $50 to $80 just for that, I guess. Make sure all the powder is out of the horn before you sell it.
 
Back
Top Bottom