While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I would agree on the barrel profile, to me it almost looks like a H&R defender .38 from the later years of their revolver production. The barrel and rear sight/latch assembly is strikingly similar.
I just uploaded some better pictures. I haven't found much info on this revolver. I have found only one identical revolver, pictured in the advertisement from 1883. I found four similar revolvers (slightly different grips) that have sold in auctions for up to over $3000 USD.
From the research I have done, the barrel address location was used by this company until 1888. The company name exists to this day in the US. I think they were better known for making high quality sporting arms.
That's a sweet gun I am pretty sure I used to own it. Bland was well known in England in the 1880s or so .
I don't know a lot about Blands there rare guns but everyone I have owned has been top of the line made gun.
Thomas Bland made some 577 caliber handguns to. Monsters