Blunderbuss

Years ago I took part in a black powder shoot at the Black Creek Pioneer Village outside Toronto. One of the guys had an original blunderbuss. He was wary of stressing it so he didn't load it very heavily. He used a light powder charge and shot load but it was fun! We all got to have a shot with it. At 20 yards it gave a good pattern with bird shot.
 
I'm thinking that in a standoff fight many moons ago and ramming a single ball down the barrel of my flintlock while watching the other guy POURING rusty nails, bits of chain and gravel from the road into his, would make me want to surrender. Just sayin. :D
 
Recent discussion on a US site. There are a couple of American made kits available, as well as detached barrels, including 4ga.
 
I handled one today and I want it. It was in kit form. From Traditions. Although it was #11 pc not flintlock. Short stainless trumpeted .54 cal smoothbore bbl. Practically useless for huntig but I think it would be fun as hell to shoot.
 
Back
Top Bottom