BP Rifle CFC Transfer issue - need help

gnmontey

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
GunNutz
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Location
AB
Am attempting to transfer this rifle to my son. The CFC is demanding to know the model # and bbl length. Barrel length I can deal with, 33" exactly. Model # is another story, nothing other than CVA on the bbl.

It's a 45 Cal CVA kit gun given to me unfinished by my father-in-law in the early 80's.
I finished it and shot it numerous times. The AL ram rod is my invention as the kit one was wood.

Any idea as to model? Plainsman, Trade Rifle, Kentucky?

Thanks,

M

CVA.jpg
 
Last edited:
Its a Kentucky Percussion rifle, I guess in .45 caliber ?

FRT No. 114275-1, tell them that and it should get the ball rolling for you.
 
Its a Kentucky Percussion rifle, I guess in .45 caliber ?

,FRT No. 114275-1 tell them that and it should get the ball rolling for you.

Yup, 45 Cal, good call. What is "FRT No. 114275-1"?

Thanks,

M
 
When i registered mine i told them 33 inches in the barrel,they said didn't match,measure it again...then they suggested 33 and one half(hint).I went with that as it matched what they wanted.:)
 
When i registered mine i told them 33 inches in the barrel,they said didn't match,measure it again...then they suggested 33 and one half(hint).I went with that as it matched what they wanted.:)

So you registered as a 33.5" CVA precussion Kentucky rifle, and the CFC accepted that?

Thanks,

M
 
this one is hand made they finally after many pictures sent to them classed it as an antique no matches in there computer for such a rifle ? ... the only markings on it were the maker "A.Brown" an my name, so go figure .
flint002.jpg
 
this one is hand made they finally after many pictures sent to them classed it as an antique no matches in there computer for such a rifle ? ... the only markings on it were the maker "A.Brown" an my name, so go figure .
flint002.jpg

I am guessing that you knew Al; I believe he was a long time maker in the Chiliwack area and I gather made his locks from scratch. I remember seeing him at rendezvous 20 years ago or more and presume he is retired and perhaps deceased by now. Made nice looking rifles.
Your gun is classed as an antique because it is a flintlock, not because they could not find it. The maker's name would only appear on their files if he had a manufacturing license, otherwise it becomes homemade

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom