BPCR front sights

Even with the dollar difference. MVA, Kelley, Baldwin, Distant Thunder and Lee shaver are worth every penny compared to pedersoli sights
 
You might try Shooter's Choice in Waterloo, ON... I got my Pedersoli Gibbs from them... great guys and they seem to keep a good stock of Pedersoli... that said, I agree with hickstick. I also have both Shaver and MVA sights and would pay the extra for them again!
 
Here in yUK, MVA sights and accessories rule BPCR - no doubt about it. One shooting pal of mine has dumped his crappy Pedersoli-supplied long tube Malcolm-style scope and its appalling quality mounts and invested in a complete replacement set from MVA.

tac
 
My Shiloh '74 'Business Rifle' wears a C.Sharps vernier tang. I have on hand an MVA mid-range tang I bought for my 50-70 carbine, but it shoots so well with the barrel sights, it has never been mounted.
I just bought a Ped '74 'Silhouette' model during MarStar's 'Black Friday' sale and it's going on that rifle. I may need to order a Ped sight base from MVA if the hole spacing differs from the 2.260" Sharps base. In that event, the logical thing is to order a globe from MVA at the same time.

Edit: After reading reviews of the Ped front sights, I'm going to bite the bullet and order the MVA sight with internal level. It even has internal x-hatching to kill glare. They come .003" over size and require fitting. The Ped is said to be "an easy fit" which means it can just as easily "unfit". What can happen will happen .....

If the Ped barrels are as good as reputed, good sights will maximize that potential.
 
Last edited:
A few guys shoot them at the big shoots ,one of the guys we shoot with here in Manitoba had one and we checked the crown on the barrel... needless to say we took off quite a bit of material with the Dave Manson 11 degree hand crowning tool to get it perfect. Do not waste your cash on anything but MVA they are the best that you can buy.
 
A few guys shoot them at the big shoots ,one of the guys we shoot with here in Manitoba had one and we checked the crown on the barrel... needless to say we took off quite a bit of material with the Dave Manson 11 degree hand crowning tool to get it perfect.

I've done a lot of surfing and anyone who thinks that everything that comes out of Big Timber is perfection had better guess again. I own five Shilohs (a mix of Farmingdale and Big Timber products) and I can find flaws in all of them. Others with C.Sharps products can say likewise.

If I have to return the rifle due to a poor crown, it will be back in the box the day I receive it.

Pedersoli makes their barrels in house, as does Shiloh. C.Sharps uses Badger barrels. The Peds have a machined steel forging receiver. C.Sharps receivers are CNC machined from billets. Shilohs are machined castings. All use American walnut. You pays you money - you takes you choice .....
 
I to have a Malcom scope and the mounts. While the scope is Ok. The mounts are absolute garbage. Had to buy a couple of stops to eliminate scope sliding in the mounts. Could not make any type of repeatable windage or elevation adjustment. Finally give up on these mounts and bought a pedersoli fully adjustable rear mount from a Canadian dealer which turned out to be worst than the original mount. Do not know what Pedersoli was thinking when they made these. May as well rolled up a $300.00 bill and lit it on fire.
 
I to have a Malcom scope and the mounts. While the scope is Ok. The mounts are absolute garbage. Had to buy a couple of stops to eliminate scope sliding in the mounts. Could not make any type of repeatable windage or elevation adjustment. Finally give up on these mounts and bought a pedersoli fully adjustable rear mount from a Canadian dealer which turned out to be worst than the original mount. Do not know what Pedersoli was thinking when they made these. May as well rolled up a $300.00 bill and lit it on fire.

Cannot do anything except agree with you 100%. Buying a Pedersoli Sharps long-range rifle for $2500 here in UK and then another $1200 for this POS scope and its fragile and wobbly mounts - it's a Leatherwood scope, right? - was the worst deal pal John ever made.

OTOH, every single item that comes from the guys in Montana is of the very highest quality imaginable, and well-worth the premium price, in spades. I'm getting the short scope and mounts for my Winchester High Wall as soon as the season of festivations is over.

tac
 
The new DZ Arms scope is quite nice too. It has tons of adjustment ( 200 moa ). The glass is quite nice, but I'm thinking that the best setup right now might be the DZ Arms mounts on the MVA 6x scope. I really like the centreless mildots on my MVA scopes, but like the DZ Arms mounts much more than the MVA ones.

It seems that there is always a new way to spend a few bucks :).

Chris.
 
For what it's worth, the Ped "Sharps" was back in the box and on it's way back to the dealer the same week. A new Shiloh #1 Sporter was purchased instead.

I thought that the Ped might be worth a look, and if you didn't know what a Sharps rifle looks like, you might have been happy with it. I'm not surprised that their tang sights fall into the same category.
 
Back
Top Bottom