BPCR Long range Fun Lets see some pics where you do it and any tips or tricks

DEZ

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just like the title says Long Range fun with black powder cartridge rifles any pics and tricks loading techniques that help .I will start with a pic of my favorite place to practice 1000yrds to a 2ftx2ft rock up above the brush at the bottom of the hill..
Longrange2.jpg

Longrange.jpg
 
Looks like a nice spot! Wish I could show something even remotely similar.

Just like the title says Long Range fun with black powder cartridge rifles any pics and tricks loading techniques that help .I will start with a pic of my favorite place to practice 1000yrds to a 2ftx2ft rock marked by a red dot on pic as you could not see it in the pic .
Longrange2.jpg

Longrange.jpg
 
Not cartridge: But at a Quigley Shoot I watched a fellow in his 70s, a superb shot, shooting at a 12"x12" plate at three hundred and 75 yards. He hit it one out of three times and close on the other two. He was using a three band Enfield. I was most impressed.
 
Last edited:
Been awhile for me , but I used to use a piece of clear plastic tubing about a foot long , that would just fit in the chamber . Exhale deeply into the barrel , theory being that the moisture in your breath would soften any fouling allowing for more shots between cleanings.
 
One trick I learned was to punch a thin wax paper card and put that between the vegetable fiber card and the bullet to stop the card sticking to the base of the bullet .worked very well and improved my consistency
 
One trick I learned was to punch a thin wax paper card and put that between the vegetable fiber card and the bullet to stop the card sticking to the base of the bullet .worked very well and improved my consistency
That picture was taken down the Bomantan Road wasn't it?
Not quite Koomati, right?
 
I picked up a troop of Boy Scouts there last year. Unless you live out that way it's a pretty good drive to go shooting! But remote is a good word, LOL. Shouldn't get any noise complaints though.
Seen any Rattlesnakes on your shooting trips?
Prime scorpion hunting there too,I'd bet.
 
Yes I have seen a number of snakes ,and I like remote very peacefull except for me making a few booms a good day to concentrate on shooting no destractions.
 
Back
Top Bottom