Breech plug ant-seize suggestions

kwmack

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Location
Eastern Ontario
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good anti-seize compound for my breech plug. I’ve tried CVA anti stick and even 3 in 1, but neither seem to do the trick. Any suggestions would would much appreciated! I’m shooting a CVA wolf.
 
I just bought my first muzzleloader. While doing my prebuy research I was wondering if Teflon pipe tape would work. Very high temp tolerance. Anyone ever try it?
Maybe the TC stuff is just rebranded Teflon tape?
 
I've used the red Mobile One grease in a TC Pro Hunter for years now without a problem and have never had issues. What made the biggest difference though was switching over to Blackhorn 209 as pellets would cause a major crud ring after a couple of shots and glue the breech plug in place.
 
While not entirely related, the anti seize I use for my shotgun chokes is a stick. It looks like a glue stick, bought it at Lordco. Might be locktite brand? I can't remember, it's a black and grey tube and the anti seize compound is grey...
 
Back
Top Bottom