brescia 44 army model

p14shooter

Regular
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Location
Nova Scotia
Can anyone tell me about this. I know absolutley nothing about BP. The only thing I have been able to find out is that it is a replica of a 44 colt. It could be anywhere from 1838-2002 from what the site I was reading on says, but do not know enough to know what to look for to date it. can anyone shed some light. Also, the cylinder is siezed. If I start taking screws out to see what the trouble is, am I going to see a maze of parts that I am not going to get back together, or is it relativly straight forward. Yes I know I am not a smith, but I am not worried about it.

Paul
 
Brescia is a city in Italy where there are and were several companys making reproduction western style guns. On the right side of the frame there should be a rectangle with some numbers or letters...this is the date code for Italian guns made after 1945.
Here is the date code chart for Italian guns:

DateCodesItalianProofmarks-1.jpg


Knock the wedge out and pull the hammer to half ####,remove the barrel and see if you can pull the cylinder off.
 
It has ### so I guess it is a 1974.

There in lies my problem, getting the wedge was is not a problem, however, the hammer will not move. That is why I thought the cylinder was seized. Thanks for the info.
 
I bought a brand new Uberti 1851 .36 cal. and the hammer locked up,turned out that the cylinder "bolt" was engaged and pulling the hammer back was impossible because the "hand" was trying to turn the cylinder which was locked in position.
If you take the cylinder off the frame can you #### the hammer???
 
I can not get the cylinder off of the frame. As I said, I know nothing about these so maybe there is a latch that I do not see.

I see now, I unscrew the piece in the middle of the cylinder (name please). the cylinder now comes off, and everything now works fine. Simple once you know how things work. Thanks for your help. Any idea on worth $200?. It is not in the best of shape.

Paul
 
Last edited:
If you post some pictures and on the gun find every stamped mark, it may be possible to identify who made it.
If it is rough then $200 could be too much,Check the bore,does it index properly... it may need a lot of work,unless you know someone that is prepared to fix it you will have to do it yourself.
With the Cylinder off does it look anything like this:

1911EuroarmsBresicaBrass36005.jpg


Pietta_1851_Navyexpdiagram.jpg
 
with the exception of the year marking, the markings on this one are the same as yours. I can never get my pictures to come out well, but this is the best I got. It indexes right, but the bore almost looks like a shot gun. Not much rifleing, significantly less than any of my rifles and pistols, but maybe right for BP firearms, but not rusted or pitted.

pistol006.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom