Bring an antique across the border in person?

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
Has anybody done this, bring an antique from the US into Canada in person? What was the process? Easy? Headache? Were you charged taxes?
 
You can do it but it must be easy to prove its antique status so nothing weird they have the FRT tables but Colts etc. go to serial # so keep a copy of all pertaining regs the caliber list and serial # DATES Remember they are not verifiers and not gun nuts if in doubt they will hold it and make you register it or prove its antique status
 
I've done it several times with never any problem. However, I've always had an antique letter from the RCMP, which I presented. Once or twice they've wanted to take a look at the gun, and other times not. There was the PST and GST to pay and I was on my way.
 
How about bringing an antique to the US to go shoot?

Anyone doing this?

The US Gun Control Act of 1968 says: "Aliens who have a tourist visa or student visa may possess guns if they have a current, valid hunting license."

So, if I have a hunting license and a membership at a club in let say Vermont, I should be legit to bring it there....

But not sure If I could go open carry.......

Thoughts?
 
How about bringing an antique to the US to go shoot?

Anyone doing this?

The US Gun Control Act of 1968 says: "Aliens who have a tourist visa or student visa may possess guns if they have a current, valid hunting license."

So, if I have a hunting license and a membership at a club in let say Vermont, I should be legit to bring it there....

But not sure If I could go open carry.......

Thoughts?
It always best to obtain an ATF form 6 when taking any firearm into the U.S.....Why take the chance any other way?.....
 
Took my Webley across the US border in order to ship to gunsmith once across, no form 6, just needed to provide proof of antique status, my RCMP letter was sufficient for the American border agents.
 
I talked directly with ATF about antiques, and he told me they are not regulated. No forms needed.
 
Back
Top Bottom