Bringing Musket Caps from the US

chook

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've looked through the forum, tried to decipher the US rules etc., and can't find any info on whether I can bring in musket caps or other black powder supplies like minie balls etc from the US? I know I can't do it with modern components, but what's the restrictions on BP stuff? Thanks.
 
Please don't take this as legal advise, but my understanding is that the Canadians say up to 8 lbs (or is it kilos?) of powder is no problem. The problem is the U.S. says that any foreigner (ya, I know Canadian=foreigner!? WTF, but true:p) carrying what amounts to a bomb would equate to a very, very, very (that's 3x's if you're not counting) bad day.

I can hear it now... "Mr.chook, the Canadian embassy would like you to know that they have arranged for you to speak with your diplomatic advocate some time in Nov. 2015. In the meantime, here's your bar of soap, spare blanket and slippers. Officer Smith will escort the foreign enemies of the state to the showers at 5 PM. You don't want to be late."

I wouldn't chance it. Powder and projectiles and caps are available up here.
 
Thanks Plinker, you are right of course, it's stupid to bring stuff up from the states that is prohibited, and I wouldn't do it. I am wondering what the law actually says, and IF it includes the blackpowder components as maxi balls, caps etc. :) Do NOT want to visit with Bubba in the showers, so def. don't take any chances with the law. Besides I would be banned from the US after that, and therefore would incur the wrath of SWMBO since she would not get to enjoy the hot sun of New Mexico, Aridzona, and SoCal. :runaway:
 
Back
Top Bottom