Big_red_truck
CGN frequent flyer
- Location
- Labrador , the big land
I have hunted birds both migratory and upland with my muzzle loading shotguns.
Cylinder bore works good over the decoys.
I just pre-measure my charges in little plastic bottles, but also use my pouch and horn at times.
Don't overthink the choke thing, bring them in over the decoys ( 20 yards max) , lead for the head for a target and they will go down.
Same as pheasants, my main cartridge bird gun has only 26" barrels and is cylinder/cylinder, and I have also used it for geese.
Cat
Cat this is exactly the advice i was looking for. If you can offer any other advice ... anything at all! Powder charge , shot charge , wads or lube. Distances and patterning. I don't always have the oppertunity to hunt from a blind so i'm trying to get 40-50 yards out of it.


















































