So Cabelas in U.S. wont sell a rifle if they know it is going to Canada!
Wow! Dumb policy!
Yea funny thing is, they would just be sending it to an ffl who would take care of the paperwork! Ha, and oddly enough they advertise it on Guns International!!!I think it stemmed from when Midway USA got dinged for exporting scopes without paperwork. I guess Cabelas and other vendors didn’t want the hassle and only sell stateside. Anyway check out Gun Broker, Guns America (if you can get through) etc for the Browning 1886. If one pops up, get a hold of Clay. Good luck with your quest. If successful post pics lol.
Lol, when Prophet River gets a nice gun like that in stock...you need to check your watch (rather than your calendar!) before trying to see it or buy it.yes, thread is from 2016!! so, sold ten years ago
seems like a lot of hassle when the Winchester 1886 Hi Grade is available up here, but then its not a Browning....or is it.....
yup just slip on over and get oneWas out west! Do yiu have one? I am tempted to slip over to the U.S. and pick one up!
I had the Browning version once upon a time and foolishly sold it. I now have a Winchester-branded one that is every bit as well-made and -finished, more accurate, and has a very nice adjustable tang sight that is relieved on the bottom to allow the safety to remain in place. It's no longer as accessible, but that's a plus in my book. Haven't had it "on safe" in the 10 or 15 years I've owned the gun, and there's no way it will be accidentally knocked into the on position.Same same and both made by Miroku plant in Japan, I have both. Fit and finish by grade is the same. Except Browning doesn’t have that stupid dreaded tang safety and rebounding hammer. One could delete the rebounding hammer and safety on the Winchester and cover the tang safety slot with a rear aperture sight.



























