BSA martini in strange caliber and rook rifle

tactical870

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
Went to look at a collection of antiques tonight and made an offer on 2 guns.

1 is an antique rimfire heavy octagonal barreled rook rifle in what apears to be 30 or 32 rimfire. Nice checkering on the stock, has a black butplate with stags engraved on it. The only marking on the gun is a proofmark under the barrel with a "B" under a crown with a circle around it.

2 is a BSA martini action mkIII short lever with a sporter stock and no barrel bands. Caliber is quite large. Looks to be 45 cal at the muzzle but the chamber is way too small for a 577/450. Any thoughts?

I didn't want to take pictures when I was there and lighting was less than ideal so I'm afraid my info is a little limited. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
the martini sounds like it might have been one of the express calibers. You would have to take a chamber cast with paraffin wax or better with cerrosafe if you have it. That would give you the length of the shell and the base diameter and after checking the bore dimensions, go to cartridges of the world.

cheers mooncoon
 
Tactical: I have an old Belgium made Rook rifle that I believe is .300 [.295] rook according to COTW book and it shoots 32 short colt ammo very well.....even though they are a fair bit shorter than the original. Have never tried 32 long colt in it but believe it should work just as well........
 
Back
Top Bottom