Buffalo coat

a j cave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Hope this is OK here. If not please remove. Those of you that do Black powder, Sass, or reenactment, what is the value of a good + buffalo coat. Below/at knees, high collar, pockets. I am cleaning out my native clothes and western stuff and have no idea as to what these sell for now. Thanks all
 
Its a great coat, but heavy. It is still very wearable. It is one of the best I have seed around here. I wore it to a cub camp when I was a leader. Walking down the road one evn. some one yelled BEAR and all you heard were the cabin doors slam. its fun but hasn't been out in years. Just part of my stuff that need a new home.
 
I've seen a couple of poorly taken care of coats sell for $200 at auction and a couple in very good condition "newly built" ones sell up to $600. I can buy green buff hides from a neighbor for $200 but doubt if I can have it tanned and made into a coat for that much now.
 
Not sure what a Buff Coat will sell for but I just placed a Bear Skin coat on EE for $300.00. I guess we will see how the market is for these things. I do know that the NWMP buffalo coats are going for north of $1000.00.

PM sent on the bear coat. I've been looking for one of these.

Re the buffalo coat - Was chatting with my buddy about them and we were thinking they are worth in the 500-750 range unless they are NWMP etc. A guy I know bought one that is supposed to have been owned by Lord Minto. He paid a lot more for that one!
 
Thanks guys. I called a couple guys that have some as well as looked at some for sale. I came up with 1500, less than most & better. I had lots of PMs about the coat and some about my Native leather. There is a western collectable auction in the spring. Even after the commission, their prices look good. Thanks again to all that PM me with information on these. AJ
 
Back
Top Bottom