buffalo conial bullets for .44 black powder revolvers

Garyg

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw these advertised. They were .451 180 grain round nose pistol bullets by the Buffalo Bullet Company. Has anyone tried these?
 
I cast conical bullets for my Uberti 1851 (.36 Cal.) and as cast they are hard to load, they were easier after I filed the sharp edge off the base of the bullet. I think the advantage of the conical is it's extra weight if shooting steel gongs or other applications requiring extra knock down power. There is a noticeable increase in recoil as well. So far I haven't been able to hit much with them but I will give them another try...maybe spend a day at the range shooting them to tighten up the groups.
 
i use the 200 grainers that i use for my 45acp- even from the mould, the weights are 205- when i dropped to 180 , i found that i shot "WAAAAY LOW" with the 180's out of my 7.5 inch - a good foot or more- using 33 grains of fffg- you're going to have to get some butcher wrap, put it up, rest your pistol, and SEE WHERE IT SHOOTS- when i went back to the200 and better, i got back to poa-
 
Back
Top Bottom