Building BP caplock after the LGR?

mckutzy

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Location
bc
I hope I have this in the right place. I am a flintlock shooter, and attuned to law concerning them. I am also understanding about caplocks and such ignition long guns as of now it is currently.

With the passing of the LGR, how will effect the building of a caplock. Does the newly built arm need to be inspected or confirmed it meets the law. Can I do this and build to specified parameters with out any inspection from the rcmp?

I tried to look but didnt really come up with anything.
 
At present, the only guns which have to be inspected are ones which border on some form of prohibition or restriction. You may recall that a gunnut built a look alike for a sten gun and had to have it inspected to confirm that its design did not permit full auto and that it did not incorporate any portions defined to be the frame or reciever of a real sten. After some silly modification it was accepted. (the magazine housing had to be replaced with a home made one.)

At present, I would presume that home made guns would have to be verified for barrel length and action type (percussion) but they would be classified as unique unto themselves and given a unique FRT number.

following the end of the long gun registry, the only guns which will require verification would be restricted guns ie handguns as applies to muzzle loading

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom