Bulk .357 Mag and/or .38 Special Cheap

The least expensive commercial stuff would be reloads (Wolf, BDX, or Custom Ammo, depending on where you are located). That being said, .357 Mag brass is not as abundant as many other calibres and quantities of commercial reloads may be limited (.38 Spl is a lot cheaper and more plentiful).

If you shoot substantial amounts, reloading is your cheapest option.

Therion
 
The least expensive commercial stuff would be reloads (Wolf, BDX, or Custom Ammo, depending on where you are located). That being said, .357 Mag brass is not as abundant as many other calibres and quantities of commercial reloads may be limited (.38 Spl is a lot cheaper and more plentiful).

If you shoot substantial amounts, reloading is your cheapest option.

Therion

Hi Therion,

Thank you for the response. I really wish BDX was making .38 special and/or .357 mag but unfortunately Kurt is not producing them right now, although he said he has been getting a lot of requests and may some time in the future.

As for Wolf, I haven't found any in stock. I actually just googled them and came the the realization they are a Canadian reloader. I did not realize that before, I always assumed it was the same Russian "Wolf" ammunition you can buy in the states. How is the wolf ammunition?

As for Custom Ammo, I can not find their website although it may be the company I private messaged on the forum the other day for a quote.

Regards
 
bulk 357 or 38 special

if I were you I'd get a rockchucker reloading kit and all the fixings and roll your own. it's one of the easiest calibers to reload. and you won't look back.
 
if I were you I'd get a rockchucker reloading kit and all the fixings and roll your own. it's one of the easiest calibers to reload. and you won't look back.

I have never done any reloading. Thanks for listing an actual brand, I never know what to look for.

Is it very time consuming to reload? Does the rockchucker come with a guide for beginners on how to reload?
 
357 mag or 38 special

excuse me for being so vague. there are kits set up for beginners. I recomended the Rock chucker because you can do pretty well anything with it. as for time consumeing well I won't lie to you. it can be .

the trick is to do 2 steps at a time. resize your brass prime your brass . then bell the mouth out to accept the bullet and then seat the bullet to the proper depth and crimp it. as for a book on reloading . I'm not sure if one comes with the kit but I would'nt doubt it.

the nice thing is you can tailor make you ammo to be a mild as possible or smokers. and if the weather is lousy outside then sit down and make some or get some brass ready to reload.

once you get the hang of it it's very easy to do . but remember safety first .
 
excuse me for being so vague. there are kits set up for beginners. I recomended the Rock chucker because you can do pretty well anything with it. as for time consumeing well I won't lie to you. it can be .

the trick is to do 2 steps at a time. resize your brass prime your brass . then bell the mouth out to accept the bullet and then seat the bullet to the proper depth and crimp it. as for a book on reloading . I'm not sure if one comes with the kit but I would'nt doubt it.

the nice thing is you can tailor make you ammo to be a mild as possible or smokers. and if the weather is lousy outside then sit down and make some or get some brass ready to reload.

once you get the hang of it it's very easy to do . but remember safety first .


Okay, thanks a lot for the advice, I really appreciate it.
 
The least expensive factory 357 ammo I have seen recently is the PMC from Shooting Edge. When they have it in stock it's 20% cheaper than most factory ammo out there.

That being said I'll be getting set-up to reload them very soon.

BTW - a progressive press like a Hornady Lock n Load AP is much faster than a single stage press. It's great for high volume reloading.
 
I still have not had any luck finding any good bulk deals. Especially on .357 mag, even the re-loaders say they don't have brass for it.
 
If you're *only* interested in reloading for the 38 special/357 (or handgun rounds in general), I'd highly recommend the Lee Turret press with auto index. Far and away better than a single-stage kit, for this type of ammo. And it's inexpensive (I think mine was about $80), reasonably fast (about ~200 rounds per hour, about triple the speed of single stage), and much less finicky than a progressive - perfect for a new reloader as it's simple enough to learn quickly, safe enough that double-charges and some of the other foibles of progressives are avoided, and cheap enough that you're not committing too much to a hobby that you're really not sure you're going to be interested in long term. Add a set of dies and an auto-disk powder measure (about $40 each), and you're ready to start cranking out ammo on the cheap. For a sum total of $160 investment, and at 200 rounds per hour, you'll have paid off the costs of the equipment (as compared to buying ammo) within the first few hours of use.

Then, if you find that reloading agrees with you, you could hawk it off on the EE (hould be able to recoup most of your costs), and upgrade to something bigger and slicker like a Dillion 650 or Hornady LnL with all the fixins
 
Back
Top Bottom