Bulk .44mag

G.Mitchell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I am wondering if anyone can point me towards some bulk .44mag ammo. Prefer brass cased so I can reload it at a later date.

This is just for target shooting so nothing to expensive.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hi. Not many people looking for .44 Mag ammo in bulk. However, SFRC lists Wolf Bullets ammo in 250 and 500 round lots. Sold out, of course.
Your local gun shop can order as much as you want. Be prepared to pay up front.
 
You may be best off finding someone local who will stand over your shoulder and let you load on thier equipment.
 
Some one will likely chime in soon but reloading is the way to go for 44MAG

50 pcs of "plinking" rounds works out to about 12 - 13 with hardcast 240gr over Unique Powder.

Hot 180gr Hollow Points (over H110) are about 30$ for 50. Mainly projectile cost.

Even with the HP's it's way cheaper than factory.
 
Yup, reloading is cheap. I bought a lee classic turret press, 4 die carbide set, powder scale, digital caliper, loading manual, 1000 primers, 1,000 DRG 240gr hard cast bullets and 2 lbs of unique to get started. Total of just over $600, I've been saving brass and buying once fired.

240 grain hornady XTP loaded with 23 grains h110 is $340/1000
240 gr DRG hardcast over 8 grains unique for plinking is $175/1000

Factory hornady 240gr XTP is around $1300/1000 up to $1,600/1000

Everybody is ALWAYS out of "cheap" 44 mag.

Reloading pays off fast!

Pm inbound.
 
"44mag" and "not to expensive"

That's funny!

+1. No commercial ammo is anything like cheap or not too expensive.


Some one will likely chime in soon but reloading is the way to go for 44MAG

Beyond the cost savings, which are very substantial, reloading lets you load from pop gun target loads all the way up to firebreathing full power+ loads. 44 Mag is a tremendously versatile cartridge that really shines with heavy cast bullets and handloading. I paid off most of my reloading set up in the first year just with my savings on .44 Mag alone.


Mark
 
Wolf brass is just 1f (or more...?) of various manufacture. No different from buying some factory ammo, running it through your gun then reloading it.
 
Interesting. I was told wolf only used new brass.

It's possible you are confusing the Russian based ammo manufacturer with the Kingstom Ontario commercial reloader and cast bullet manufacturer.

In the Canadian context, it's simple. Wolf means Kingston.
 
I agree, all my 10mm ammo, including HOT DoubleTap loads, were loaded on starline, that is some quality brass.

Thanks guys.

PS: can you order direct from Kingstom Ontario reloaders?

Yes, but only for orders above 5000 rounds. For smaller orders, SFRC is the distributor.
 
Handloading with good cast bullets can save money and take the .44 up a notch or two in punch compared to factory j-word bullets.
 
Ouch.

Thanks.

Guess I'll wait until SFRC has it in stock again.

Gonna have to get setup for reloading this winter I guess. :)

Well to be fair, the wait time would be the same. As SFRC is relatively close to Wolf, if SFRC is out of stock the odds are so is Wolf.
 
Back
Top Bottom