Bulk 9mm in the GTA?

Lojak

Regular
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Location
Banada
Hi all,

I've got a Black Badge course coming up, and I'm looking at 500+ rounds for pre-course practice, and the course itself. My preference is 147gr TMJ/FMJ, but 124gr is fine. Anyway, who in or around the GTA regularly carries that kind of selection, and can sell in bulk? Sure I can hit Lebaron's for a 100-round 115gr value pack, but they don't have have much more of a selection, and in bulk at reasonable prices. Wolf reloads are a consideration, but I've found those are found irregularly.

EDIT: FWIW I'll list the places I've considered:

Al Simmons - Haven't talked to them yet.
Lebaron's - 115gr is the usual option, and my last and least preferable resort
Target Sports - No bulk sales
Williams Arms - Has Wolf, but not enough now and no idea when it will be in.

The Ammo Source is an idea as well, but honestly the cost of shipping negates any savings, and they don't have enough Wolf in stock at the moment.

Cheers,

-- L
 
Target Sports doesn't sell 9mm in bulk?
I'm there 1-2x/wk to shoot and there's 9mm in cases of 500-1000rnds in the wall cabinet. I find it hard to believe its not for sale. I'm sure any of the guys there will be more than happy to sell it to you.
 
Call Al Flaherty's. I buy the 100 round value packs of Winchester from them. They also carry S&B. If you want to go expensive they have hollow point 9mm too.
 
Hey fellas:

With regards to Target, I'll add a qualifier: Every time I've gone there in person, it has been just before one of their open house events (which seem to occurring monthly this season), and they won't sell bulk as a result. Since I have a window in which I'll need the bulk ammo, I do not consider Target reliable at the moment.

Thanks for the tip about Al Flaherty's.. I did call, and they've got Winchester white box 147gr for $15.99, which is ok. More than I want to spend for 500+ rounds, to be honest. After taxes, $360/1000.

Epps is a crap shoot for me, mainly because I can't get up there regularly, but if opportunity does arise, I would call to find out what they've got.

Ganderite, thanks Frank's number, I did not have a way of contacting him. I used a bunch of his at Wentworth, and did not have any issues.

-- L.
 
e're getting low on 9mm but shipping to TO area is usually $25ish/1000.

Ryan

Hi all,

I've got a Black Badge course coming up, and I'm looking at 500+ rounds for pre-course practice, and the course itself. My preference is 147gr TMJ/FMJ, but 124gr is fine. Anyway, who in or around the GTA regularly carries that kind of selection, and can sell in bulk? Sure I can hit Lebaron's for a 100-round 115gr value pack, but they don't have have much more of a selection, and in bulk at reasonable prices. Wolf reloads are a consideration, but I've found those are found irregularly.

EDIT: FWIW I'll list the places I've considered:

Al Simmons - Haven't talked to them yet.
Lebaron's - 115gr is the usual option, and my last and least preferable resort
Target Sports - No bulk sales
Williams Arms - Has Wolf, but not enough now and no idea when it will be in.

The Ammo Source is an idea as well, but honestly the cost of shipping negates any savings, and they don't have enough Wolf in stock at the moment.

Cheers,

-- L
 
The Ammo Source has the best prices around.
i have taken a black badge course and i did 700rds then a match after, and training the day before
your going to need min 1000rds
124gr i find is the sweet spot for most 9mm guns i have shot
 
Can you drive to Guelph? Frank has commercial relaods that work well. I like his 135 led RN ammo. It is about $9.00/50 and I think they pay for the return of the brass.

519 824-5040


Naw, you guy wouldn't like it. Its too far to drive, lots of traffic on the 401. Might as well just stay in the GTA. :D
 
It's a bit late, but I wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions, and particularly the offers to reload. Right now I'm saving up for a Dillon 650, because my single stage doesn't cut it for quantity pistol reloading :) What I don't have is a lot of time right now -- been doing some contract work that's been taking up my weekends -- so taking up your kind offers to use your presses, however much I want to, just can't happen right now. The upside at least is that I'll have the extra $$ for the Dillon press and a case of 1000 rounds from somewhere (Ammo Source probably).

Cheers, and you folks rock!

-- L.
 
Back
Top Bottom