Bulldog is bent (PROBLEM SOLVED)

I think your right about bending it back, it would be worth more for parts, if I bent it back I would never be able to sell it or even let anybody else shoot it just in case.
 
If you go the sleeving route, center drill the sleeve but leave it significantly undersize while you solder it in place. Some of the bearing retaining loktite would probably work as an alternative (620). Once the sleeve is in place chuck the cylinder in a 4 jaw chuck and finish drilling and reaming the chambers. That would allow you to chamber for a shell based on a modern cartridge closer to the size of the bullet you would be using. Probably wise to make the chambers a bit short so that factory shells could not be shot in the gun, only low pressure handloads

cheers mooncoon

Thanks mooncoon. I will be shortening the .41 Mag so no safety concern there. I appreciate the input! All I need is to get the lathe going...

Cheers to smokee as well for the bottle neck solution. I had considered it before the sleeve plan. I might re-evaluate the machining after all.

And a big thanks as well to MaxKW for this thread...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom