been there, done that but...there's another angle to it. Too soft an alloy for the load and the rifling will strip one layer of the bullet causing poor accuracy and tumbling (keyholing). Oh, some leading too![]()
Ah.... that could have been rather frustrating. I guess you'd have to increase powder load and lead hardness then eh? Yeesh, it'd almost be easier just to get the right size bullet
LBT make all kinds of molds of .452" to 360 grs. or more, among the best molds made or design your own on the Mountain molds website. I agree with the poster who tired of casting single cavity hollow base bullets, usually not worth the effort, when you can have molds made in any diameter you want, as many cavities as you want.
I didn't know about LBT - Thanks!
Looking at the prices for mountain molds it's actually pretty competitive considering you're getting EXACTLY what you want.
I guess I have to start looking into what makes a well designed bullet now...


















































