burgess folding pump shotgun

Here you go: [youtube]HXvmGtLYwKA[/youtube]

Also, I love that channel and I would totally buy a copy of this shotgun. However I think it will be a hard sell as it's a little on the elaborate side mechanically.

It always blows me away at the ingenuity and especially pride and quality in firearms from this period. These people were literally mechanical geniuses and it was all about the best quality possible. Can't say that is the case now days.
 
Last edited:
I have a standard model Burgess, that does not fold up. Strange gun; it is hard to train yourself to pump with your right hand and I don't know why but when you pump the gun open, the breach seems to come awfully close to my face. I don't notice that on a Winchester pump or on lever action rifles. The standard model also comes apart not with 1/2 turn on an interupted thread but rather push the barrel straight down; there are several grooves and ridges that secure the receiver to the barrel. Also the magazine can be carried loaded because the little tab that keeps the shells inside, is mounted on the magazine and not on the receiver.
So far mine does not repeat because the cartridge carrier has been broken off and I have not made a new one yet.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom