buying a 50 cal inline in the US

pbonura

Regular
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I would like to buy a modern 50 cal inliner in the US and bring it across to Canada. I know I have to get it registered but will I have any problems at the US or Canadian stops. I assume I do not need an export permit. Any advice is appreciated.
 
just guessing, but

I think any modern guns have to be brought into Canada by someone with the proper licencing....... Guessing you'd have to go through someone and it costs a few bucks.($150. to 200)

As far as I know the only guns you can actually bring into the country yourself would be true antiques???

I'm sure you'll get a few answers today.... good luck with it.


Lucky
 
Buy it there and register it here. Once u get the registration go pick her up. Declare it and provide the cert and your pal pay duty and good to go. The us doesn't consider them firearms so no export permit is required. I've brought back 3 no issues
 
A clerk at Gander Mountain explained to me (and PLEASE, don't rely on this as gospel) that black powder guns are not considered firearms in the U.S., and not covered by any firearms legislation. I take this to mean muzzle-loaders are not covered by Federal law, which is what you need to worry about. When i asked at CBSA at the Prescott crossing, i was told that the gun is left there until registered, and when you get the certificate, you go pick it up. My suggestion would be to wait for the death of the LGR, then if what I was told is true, you should be able to go buy one, show CBSA your PAL, pay whatever taxes they want, and you should be good to go. That's what I'm planning, anyways.
 
Back
Top Bottom