Buying antique guns from U.S. auction site?

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
I tried to register on a well know U.S. Gun Auction site and being Canadian has resulted in denial of registration. The site claims to sell internationally so I am wondering if anyone knows what hoops I need to jump through to get registered??
I am only interested in antiques as defined by Canadian laws and they would clearly be antiques...no grey areas?
Can anyone help me out on this?:canadaFlag:
 
I tried to register on a well know U.S. Gun Auction site and being Canadian has resulted in denial of registration. The site claims to sell internationally so I am wondering if anyone knows what hoops I need to jump through to get registered??
I am only interested in antiques as defined by Canadian laws and they would clearly be antiques...no grey areas?
Can anyone help me out on this?:canadaFlag:
Maybe the GunBroker site would know? I get the GunBroker.com Newsletter, and I Am Canadian, but the Obamanation may have changed things for signup.
 
Is it a case of your computer's security settings not allowing something to be sent to the site. Like say your I.P. address? Or not allowing tracking cookies to be drop on your computer, like EBay? Not sure if they use them or not? Not too computer savy, but it sounds like problem maybe on your end to me....
 
Sorry, I registered years ago & don't remember any hoops like the ones you mention. Interested in the outcome.... Keep us posted.
 
That's very weird and definately new. My account is old. I figured maybe your email address host (hotmail or gmail maybe) was blacklisted due to spam. I guess you will need to phone customer service.
 
Might have something to do with the constant spamming and fraud going on on these types of sites nowadays.

A lot of this originates from the same places as those emails from the treasurers of african countries that need your help and will give you millions for doing so.
 
while I'm not the treasurer of an African country-I am a member of the royal family in Niger and am coming into a huge inheritance but I need help transfering my vast wealth..........
 
Last edited:
I know this is a little off track from the OP but the lastest SPAM i got this morning was as follows

"Can you spare just $2? Ranji is a 9 yr. old boy living in Namibia. He has only 1 leg, 1 arm and 1 eye.
Each day, he has to ride 7 miles to school along a narrow road on a rusty old bike with a bent wheel, no brakes and only 1 pedal.

If you send us just $2, we will send you the video; it's f- -king hilarious!"
 
I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that a lot of sellers on G.B.now have a check mark beside there name saying there a verified member.when you click on it this is what comes up.

A "Verified Member" is a member who passed our extended user verification security screening. These users will have the badge, , next to their user name when presented on the site. This distinction lets buyers and sellers know they are dealing with a user who has passed the GunBroker.com verification process. To become a "Verified" user, , please go to our Verification page. There is a fee to initiate the verification process.
 
I joined GB a couple of months ago and was asked the same questions regarding my intentions. I can't remember if it was a phone call or by e-mail, but I told them I was only interested in antique firearms. I was then approved and allowed to join.

I hope this helps
 
You have to send a message to customer service and tell them your intentions and that you follow all rules, blah blah, takes a day or 2 but they will reply and usually approve you.
 
When I signed up on Gun Broker a few years back, part of the process was allowing them to charge my visa card $2. That verifies to them that your name, and address is correct and pretty well guarantees you are not a fraud artist. Is that option now gone?

If they have a new process, just do it. Follow the instructions you got from GB and I imagine all will be well.
 
Last edited:
There is a $1 fee for users that have free e-mail accounts like hotmail etc. I will phone them as I can't see any way of e-mailing them.
Thanks for the help on this CGN'ers there is no rush for me to do this as I need to come up with some cash.
 
Back
Top Bottom