Buying antique in US and shipping it home

Jet A-1

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm going on a trip in the coming weeks south of the border (Florida) and was wondering what the necessary steps would be if I was to purchase a gun (an antique SAA hopefully if the deal is right) at a shop down there and ship it home myself. On the face of it, this would seem to be a bit easier and less risky than buying one online. I'd be able to see exactly what I was getting for starters, but I'd also be able to ensure it was packaged and shipped correctly (with proper documentation). I have read quite a bit on here about importing but it all has to do with buying online as opposed to in person. Any advice or suggestions?

Thx,

Jeff
 
This is obvious but the Colt 1873 SAA was made in many different calibers,make sure the one you choose is not on the "NO GO " list of cartridges here in Canada.
There are others that have more experience with this sort of thing so I will wait for their replies as well. :popCorn:
 
Be aware of pre 1898 serial number cutoffs for SAAs(remember US considers pre 1899 as antique, so an antique to them may not be a legal one for us)Make a print copy of Colt41's handy dandy reference, otherwise you might be setting yourself up for some legal trouble. Besides that bring home lots, the more the better;)


1498b4h.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom