Hi All,
I'm looking for any and all antique C96 owners to prove the antique status of a C96 to the techs. I have some book references, and the RCMP will not accept internet sources, so now I need actual C96's that've been previously lettered to prove that this one is antique.
The two ways I can prove this are:
Serial numbers - if I can find C96's close in serial number to mine I can prove mine is antique. 2000-4000 serial number block is especially useful. I do not need or want full serials - first two digits with X's after is just fine, as long as we've got a rough idea what range they're in.
Appearance and other markings - pre-1898 guns are unique enough in appearance and markings that this alone can determine when the gun's manufactured. Any gun with a letter can be useful in this respect - overall machining, proof marks, wording on stampings, font used, you name it, it's useful.
Unfortunately the RCMP can't help by providing their own historical data on what has been lettered, so I need to find it myself. Please PM me or drop me a line in this thread and I'll get in touch with you.
Thanks in advance to those that can help!
H Wally
I'm looking for any and all antique C96 owners to prove the antique status of a C96 to the techs. I have some book references, and the RCMP will not accept internet sources, so now I need actual C96's that've been previously lettered to prove that this one is antique.
The two ways I can prove this are:
Serial numbers - if I can find C96's close in serial number to mine I can prove mine is antique. 2000-4000 serial number block is especially useful. I do not need or want full serials - first two digits with X's after is just fine, as long as we've got a rough idea what range they're in.
Appearance and other markings - pre-1898 guns are unique enough in appearance and markings that this alone can determine when the gun's manufactured. Any gun with a letter can be useful in this respect - overall machining, proof marks, wording on stampings, font used, you name it, it's useful.
Unfortunately the RCMP can't help by providing their own historical data on what has been lettered, so I need to find it myself. Please PM me or drop me a line in this thread and I'll get in touch with you.
Thanks in advance to those that can help!
H Wally


















































