can any one tell me what this is??

drewhatto

Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Location
New Brunswick
A friend of mine found this in an attic recently . we cant find any markings on it or info and have no idea what it is or its value ( if any ). Any help is greatly appreciated . if you want any more pics just let me know . Thanks in advance for any help !

1300835827719-1.jpg

1300835879426.jpg

1300835870053-1.jpg

1300835859930-1.jpg

1300835848352-1.jpg

1300835839195.jpg

1300835832802-1.jpg

1300835832802.jpg

1300835827719.jpg

1300835870053.jpg

1300835859930.jpg

1300835848352.jpg
 
It appears to be a percussion fowler. From the photos I can't tell the guage or country of origin but if british, there should be some crown over X type marks on the left side near the breach. If belgian, look for an ELG in an oval probably on the bottom of the barrel at the breach. From the green tape, I am guessing that the barrel key is missing (which holds the barrel into the stock.
Depends on the inside of the barrel for a price as well as country of origin. My initial wild guess would be in the $100 - $200 range and partly conditional on the lock working.

cheers mooncoon
 
Looking at the way that the lock and percussion drum don't fit together, and given that the hammer is an old hand made replacement, I ownder if it is a flint conversion, or relocked. Any holes in the front of the lock filled with rivets? I suspect that it was full stocked originally.
 
Back
Top Bottom