Can anyone identify this firearm?

Eagleye

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
774   0   1
I am sorry I do not have more pictures, but maybe someone may know what this is.
It appears to be about 43 or 44 cal [11mm] and has no markings to speak of on it
The parts are all serial numbered and they match. Thanks in advance, Dave.
I believe I have found it already...a Swiss Vetterli M78 rifle. Thanks.
idRSUXg.jpg
 
Last edited:
For sure a Vetterli rifle, the most advanced bolt action of it's day. Though made for the Swiss, Italy used them as well. The proof marks will tell you which country it saw service with. Look up "Vetterli" rifle on Google and you'll get all the information you need to make a determination as to what exactly you have. Nice find, especially if it's not been cut down or butchered.
 
Back
Top Bottom