Can anyone name this sight?

MadDog

Bang Flop <br>Super Moderator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
209   0   0
I'm thinking it's milsurp so I put it down here.

Anyone know what it is? It only shows half the post aperture on one side and the whole peep on the other, I don't even know what way it's supposed to be facing. The blade is pinned in the center and held there with a thin screw that goes in the side of the sight. Thought at first it was a Japanese Arisaka but is only close. Been googling for a couple weeks now and can't match it to anything. Thanks for any help.





 
.740"

I don't even think it would go over a .410 barrel let alone 12 ga.

Definitely a mystery.

What the heck kinda .410s are you shooting? heavy barrel match? Most 12ga. barrels are around .825"-.850" OD of with an ID of .729". No reason a .410 should have a barrel bigger than about .550". Maybe a little thicker, but not .200" thicker. It's likely an aftermarket sight for some rifle.
 
This is not the cover for the US M1884. The US cover was parallel on the sides not two diameters and the sight was part of the barrel.Pm me for a pic.
 
This is not the cover for the US M1884. The US cover was parallel on the sides not two diameters and the sight was part of the barrel.Pm me for a pic.

Sure looks like the same sight to me and on two different websites.

Sure there weren't two variations?

Actually I'm going to move this over to BP and antiques, I don't think this is milsurp anymore.
 
I have an 1873 Trapdoor Rifle made in 1884. According to the yard stick the barrel dia is .73 I've seen some similar to yours on Trapdoors. PM me if you're looking to sell it ;)
 
The cover illustrated is for the first limited issue ram rod bt trap door.
The one in #14 was general issue.
 
Back
Top Bottom