Can I bring ammo out of the US

gushulak

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Just kidding.

It's been almost 48 hours since someone posted this topic, thought I would rectify it.

Yeah I know its illegal without permits but I like hearing all the funny stories about people that do it.

Besides, what good is the ammo thread without at least three of these topics floating around right below the sticky.

:confused:
 
And remember as well...

If you bring ammo into the USA you're not allowed to leave any.
Take all your unfired ammo home with you.
 
It's legal to buy ammo to use hunting, so long as you use it all. I go down Grand forks ND, I buy a bunch of cast lead rounds, come back to Pembina ND and hunt at about a 45 degree angle in a northerly direction, then I come back to Canada without importing or exporting anything unsavory, and whoopsy doodle, I find a whole bunch of bullets just lying there on the ground.:onCrack:
 
It's legal to buy ammo to use hunting, so long as you use it all. I go down Grand forks ND, I buy a bunch of cast lead rounds, come back to Pembina ND and hunt at about a 45 degree angle in a northerly direction, then I come back to Canada without importing or exporting anything unsavory, and whoopsy doodle, I find a whole bunch of bullets just lying there on the ground.:onCrack:

But you do have to have a hunting license in the U.S. to do this!

Yes some idiots do it, but it is not legal. If you want to be banned from the U.S. have your car impounded, spend time in a cell, and end up with a criminal, possibly international terrorist record be my guest.
 
This is what I was quoted today by a US company, that will ship to Canada. The shipping and processing charges are reasonable. When you add up the costs of the dollar differences and whatever the customs charge will be, you might just as well order from a Canadian supplier. Export license is around $10US.

The links below aren't complete. You will have to complete them to check it out.

The prices are similar to Epps or most retailers here once all the costs are factored in. Even if you were picking it up yourself, I doubt you would save anything.



Here is a breakdown of the cost:

4 boxes 6.5mm 140gr $94.04 (3@31.35)
3 boxes 7mm 162gr $99.92 (3@33.31)
3 boxes 25cal 117gr $125.38 (4@31.35)
Total $319.34
export license $9.58 (3%)
Shipping $33.60
Total $362.52

We ship via USPS in flat rate boxes. The postal service limit is 20
pounds. This order is at that limit, so 1 box may have to be shipped
separately. If that is the case it would be a bit more ( $15 for small
flat rate box).

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike reloadinginternational.c mike@reloadinginternational.c
 
But you do have to have a hunting license in the U.S. to do this!

Yes some idiots do it, but it is not legal. If you want to be banned from the U.S. have your car impounded, spend time in a cell, and end up with a criminal, possibly international terrorist record be my guest.

North Dakota hunting license is like $10. And if firing at a 45 degree angle over the border into Canada, isn't an obvious joke, then I'm not sure what to say. :yingyang:
 
"...Export licence is..." The export permit might be but the U.S. exporter's business licence is very expensive.
 
At least the Canadian IIC that must be submitted to the licenced US exporter so they can get the export permit is free.
 
Im still new to finding ammo and learning as i go along but the only bonus i see to going to the states and getting ammo is the fact that alot of stores down south sell surplus .308 in battle packs .

Ive never seen this in canada . again maybe i just havnt looked too hard but its the main reason im not buying an m14 right off the bat with my first pistol .

I have a subscription to the sportsmans guide just for fun and the prices for commercial boxed ammo isnt too far off from what ive seen up here . Another difference is possibly their bulk .223 , sometimes even bulk .223 is sold already in green ammo cans which would be nice up here too.
 
TIRIAQ;
Yes the IIC is free, but the importer must also have a valid import permit from the Explosives Div of Natural resources Canada.... Not free

John
 
Ironically enough I was in Montana last sping and the folks said they were paying 300-350 for a crate of 7.62 X 39mm.
In Minot ND last summer there was not a box of 9mm in the entire town.
We don't actually have it as bad as we think. What we have they want and visa-versa it seems...
Feel free to correct me if things have changed.
I've got a cousin who is coming up from the US in the summer ( dual Citizen), I'm still trying to make sense off the import / export laws. Sure be nice to get 2 400rd tins of Bulgarian 7.62 X 54R brought up. 100 $ a tin, wow thats a decent price.
 
KC.338LP;

Bulk ammo (other than .22rimfire) cannot be sold in Canada.
John

Thats not what i was saying , i was saying that it would be nice to be able to buy ammo in the states without all the import laws because they sell bulk .223 etc down there and fairly cheap .

If surplus .308 is on NRcans approved list , why isnt anyone bringing it in , if so many people are looking for it , it would make sense to offer it instead of this 20 -25 bucks a box for 20 rnds bull####.
 
Back
Top Bottom