Can this be done?

tinymike66

CGN Regular
EE REVOKED
Rating - 98.8%
81   1   0
So found out my Harpers Ferry pistol is .56 cal not .58
So all I can find were balls for .54 cal
We tried it with a patch and it seems snug.
Was told at shop it will work, just may sacrifice accuracy.

Anyone have an opinion on this?
 
It will work just choose your patch thickness accordingly, accuracy will likely suffer. Although it could still surprise you.

Slug your bore and mic the .54's (probably .530 or .535) to figure out what thickness patch would work best.

If you have .58 balls you can swage 'em down.
 
What company made your pistol?

Pendersoli 1805 Harper's Ferry Pistol
I ordered it at Joesalter.ca
When I got it..the lock was stamped 1807 and I measured bore at .56 from the lands.
It was advertised as .58 cal.
According to Pendersoli .56 was percussion not flint.
Confusing but oh well..
I like it and Joesalter.ca compansated me for the misunderstanding to my satisfaction.
 
That's good yeah I looked at that exact pistol. You came out ahead there I'd say just find a bullet size as close as possible and work with your patching.
 
Back
Top Bottom