CANADA POST NEW RULES for ANTIQUES TO

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
OK i read a thread on CGN about the new Rules about Modern firearms only can be shipped regular parcel post or expidited parcel post if you can get that service.
So i phoned to double check with a supervisor at CP.

From now on No more Expresspost on Antique Firearms (i told them there not considered firearms Bla Bla Bla they dont care.)
So anything in the system right now is OK if its been mailed Expresspost but from now on its Regular Parcel post only for most of us.

They still offer up to $5000 insurance and signeture required and tracking.

just no more 3 or 4 day service unless your lucky with Regular parcel.
I have had regular parcel move as fast as expresspost.

Anyway its Dumb and a pain but better to follow the rules than get hosed when or if you have to make and insurance claim.
This is NEW RULES.
 
Expresspost is ground transport just like regular parcel. I've never noticed any big difference in delivery speed.

Well i wondered about that.
Expresspost is faster tho they get from B.C to AB in 3 days 4 back east.
I have had the Odd Reg parcel post take like 3 or 4 days but its not comon most its 2 weeks 10 buisness days.

I wondered isnt Regular parcel post moved by Air to?
Or does CP have huge semi trucks crisscrossing Canada full of our parcels.
 
I decided yesterday, after talking with my Canada Post employee friend that if its ever important to end a gun quickly, ie through express post, I will just send it in two pieces.

That way I am just sending parts.
 
I'm mystified as to why they wouldn't want one to send it express post. I just sent a non-restricted firearm via express post a week and a half ago. The new guy there got out the rules, and one of them is that the sender does not have to declare the contents of the parcel (i.e., non-restricted firearm). So if one does not have to tell them that you are sending a non-restricted firearm, I wonder why one would have to tell them the parcel contains an antique?
 
Well if it gets lost your Screwed as far as insurance if you ship Expresspost from now on.
If its not insured you can do what you want i guess.
I just sold a gun to a fellow worth $1600 i sure as hell dont want the insurance to not be Covered.

I told them its Stupid as Handguns are supose to be shipped by the most secure service available.
Which Expresspost is.

If someone can call and get diffrent news go for it but get a suppervisor not a Desk person. 1888 550 6333 is the phone #.
 
I think the new regulations are inplace because Canada Post employees were "losing" packages and some of the packages turned out to be guns... and along came the lawyers...
 
CP lost a package sent Regular Parcel, this is why ALL my packages have been going Express from then on as it's faster...ie, less time in CP employee hands.
 
I think the new regulations are inplace because Canada Post employees were "losing" packages and some of the packages turned out to be guns... and along came the lawyers...

They outsource the Express Post, That's where the problem lies...
 
Canada Post

It is my understanding that Canada Post recently stopped shipping firearms via air. Maybe that explains the change in service. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
 
Back
Top Bottom