Canadian Journal of Arms Collecting

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
I am looking for an article published November 1975, Volume 13 No.4 in Canadian Journal of Arms Collecting
....Pages 135-136.
The article from what I can find out is a review of a special edition of London 1851 Navy's that were marketed by Albion Arms/Navy Arms, they were made by Uberti and the edition was limited to 811 ( from what I have read sales were not brisk and the total numbers fell short of the mark.)
If you have a collection of back issues of this journal I would really appreciate it if you could locate this article.
 
I also have the article, and can send it if Colin can't get it to you ....

Here is the original Albion Arms advertisement as published in the CJAC, in case he doesn't send it -

AlbionArms1975advert.jpg


I've had one of these repros for quite awhile as a "place-holder" in my collection of Canadian military handguns (although I got it by itself, without the case and accessories they were advertising) .... and have since then been fortunate enough to add an original revolver to my collection. Here are the two of them together -

Upper%20Canada%20Navy_both_med_zps2pgzkrm1.jpg
 
Thanks GrantR, I have the article in hand now and it has shed some light on this series of guns. I am still trying to find out how many were actually sold, not sure if this is known at this point.
Here is a picture of the guns that I bought from the EE a while back. Notice the insulation on the ball/bullet mould.



I went to the Chilliwack Gun show a couple of years ago and there was an original Upper Canada 1851 for sale, I looked it over and at the time I didn't have any cash so I had to walk away, a while later some funds came my way so I tracked the gun down and bought it.
I was looking around of the internet and saw that Joe Salter in the U.S had a Lower Canada 1851 for sale and having cash on hand I bought that one as well, here are a couple of pictures:



 
I've got an LC as well.

I saw that set on the EE but didn;t want to get into the restricted thing for C&B (what a stupid law!!!!!!!)

I told my buddy to buy them as if I remember correctly they were a good price...he was too late!
 
Back
Top Bottom