Canadian Tire .22 cheap?

colin455

Regular
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Location
North of Edm, AB
Bought 2 - 500 rd boxes of Winchester HP high velocity for $21.99 ea. About where it should be. Might want to check your local Can Tire's. Mind you I'm in Northern Alberta. Better than $3.99 for Blazers @50 rds.
 
I just bought a box of Federal Champion 525, for 29.99...I didn't think it was that cheap, but then again, it's been years since i bought a brick of 22s...
 
My experience with the cheap stuff from CT was just that. it was CHEAP! I had almost one failure to fire PER MAG with my target pistols and even a bunch with my rifles. If it works for you, power to ya. Stuff was garbage for me.

Just my $.02
 
22 bucks is an OK price, but not great. Cheap rounds are only a problem in semi autos. Bolts and levers can use any round with no problems. I got rid of the semi autos for that very reason and have never had a jam or misfire since.
 
Saw $25 for the Fed Bulk packs at P&D on my last trip through, and kicked myself for not grabbing a couple.

I found a sale in St Paul, and grabbed a bunch of Wildcats for just under $20 a brick, earlier this year.

Not too many real deals, but at least the stuff is still affordable!

Cheers
Trev
 
I picked up the 525 round Federal bulk pack for $20 at WSS in Edmonton. I don't see why the CT stuff would differ from the stuff at any other place, provided its the same round. It's not like its MasterCraft ammo or something...
 
22 ammo

Here in Hamilton Ontario all Canadian tire stores sell federal 22 ammo for $29 dollars a bulk box. if I am buying ammo I would rather support my local gun store and buy my ammo there. the gun store is cheaper and there is less of a chance your personal information will be lost after they write it down in the book .
 
Back
Top Bottom