Cannon question

When I lived on Fogo Island I used to get my gunpowder at the "F.U." as it was called: Fishermen's Union Trading Company in Seldom-Come-By. They had it in a big brown cardboard box, the powder itself in a big plastic bag with an aluminum cookie scoop sitting in the middle. You just poured what you wanted into a brown paper bag and paid for it at the cash register. One thing I did notice is that I was buying it there, bulk, for less than half of what I had been paying in a gun shop on the Prairies, only a couple of months before. Being a curious sort, I took a very careful look at the cardboard box.

The powder came from Canadian Industries Limited (C.I.L.). It is packed in 25-pound boxes and you could get it from any place that sells blasting supplies. BTW, stuff they were selling was FFFg and it worked just fine.

Might be worth checking out your local blasting supply. You need a blasters' ticket to buy caps and high explosives, but I don't think that applies to Black.
.
 
Back
Top Bottom