CanPar rural delivery - what a joke

targettarget

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Location
Calgary
I just sent 500 rounds of .45 auto to a guy the next province over - tune the tune of $60!

I've sent ammo to lots of urban centers and it was always quite cheap ($20-$30 tops for a same size package). CanPar charges a bloody premium to ship to rural Canada.

That's the last time I sell ammo to someone (shipping included) before I know where they live.

ETA - and on top of charging an arm and a leg, they also broke the last box I shipped. How, I don't know, but there was enough tape on that thing to survive 400 years.
 
Last edited:
Likely Canpar did not make the actual delivery, so they paid someone to do it, hence the fees. Unfortunately, when you pay the book rate as a one time customer, you get raped.
 
Sometimes works both ways. We were moose hunting in Armstrong Ont. about 15 years ago and discovered no boat plug. We had one shipped up from Thunder Bay(about 300k). It cost us about $10 and was the only thing on the truck:D. I don't think they will do that anymore.
 
canpar

Had some ammo and one can of powder shipped via canpar from edmonton to vancouver island....took just under 2 weeks !!
 
If we were in the US, UPS could do that in two days.

I know for a fact that UPS does not take firearms across international borders and when asked why they had taken it back they tried to tell me Canada Customs had sent it back.
Story really changed whe Canada Customs called UPS. Then I got the OH WELL We don't deliver firearms across International Borders.
Next question was why are you on the CFC shipping list to bring firearms across International Borders. No can reply no idea.

Brown can do absolutely nothing for me.

Have had great luck with Canada Post on Guns. Don't know who I would trust with powder or bullets.

Ken.
 
Back
Top Bottom