cast bullets for semi-autos

Rife Ling

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a Para GI Expert .45 acp and was wondering if there were any bullet designs ( shapes ) that work better than others in semi-autos ? Was going to use the Lee 200 or 230 gr. SWC mold. I've heard there extremely accurate for what they are, but on the other hand I've heard that SWC designs done feed well in semi-autos. I would imagine that round nose would work better but I was'nt going to go there as I also have a revolver, and did'nt want to need two molds for both.
 
I have a PAra in 45 ACP, a Colt, 3 Norincos and a Star. They all feed the SWC just fine. The only thing is that that if the bullet is seated too deep, it can cause feed problems.

Most of my shooting is with the 200 gr SWC, but I also use a DWG 225gr conical with a flat tip.

maybe you could buy some cast bullets and try them before inesting in the mold.
 
230 RN's and FP's(Flat Points) work well out of my Colt. Both will work just fine out of a revolver.
Your pistol has to be set up to feed SWC's reliably. Mostly just extending the feed ramp half way up the sides of the chamber.
 
Thanx guys, Makes me feel a lot better. We got a local bullet maker right on my doorstep. The Bullet Barn. Didn't know it was here. Apparently distributing into and beyond Alberta. Supposed to put out a class A product. Rife Ling
 
Back
Top Bottom