Casting boolits

jethunter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
359   0   0
Location
Central AB
I want to start casting for 8mm lebel revolver and .41 long colt. I've been looking for moulds but all the advice I've gotten on other forums is for moulds that are no longer made. Is there a current supplier for these bullet moulds? Thanks
 
NEI made a .329 mold for me. Quick and well priced.

Same here... top quality mould, but mine was a 116gr .330"

If you go to factorysales.com, you can also buy a cheap .329 sizer by Lee that will remove any casting imperfections in the bullet's diameter (I have both the mould and the sizer).

I believe that the custom NEI mould + a set of RCBS handles they sell + shipping to Canada cost me somewhere around $150. I had to wait almost 3 months for it though, as this isn't an item that they keep in stock, as per what I was told in e-mails received from the company's owner.
 
I had terrible service from NEI. I waited several months with no responce to emails and when I got it the hollow base pins on the mold were horribly cut and needed to be reworked on a lathe. This was for a .41 Colt hollow base. I do not recommend them, do a search on the Castboolits forum.

I have bought from Bernie at Old West and he was great. Excellent mold (.44WCF with hollow base). Bernie makes five molds for the .41 Colt, ask him for the specs.

My favorite for .41 Colt is the Rapine 386184. I bought mine new just as the company shut down unfortunately. I bought two more off the EE and Ebay. I love the way the hollow pins stays in place on these molds, very quick to cast. It sucks they are not made anymore.
 
Back
Top Bottom