CCI Minimags 22LR

Rivalen, why not give "standard velocity" rim fire ammunition a try? In most rifles, it will give far tighter groups. Also a grouse or gopher/squirrel won't know the difference. The extra hundred fps or so is barely noticable, if at all. The accuracy is usually dramatically better.
 
Rivalen, why not give "standard velocity" rim fire ammunition a try? In most rifles, it will give far tighter groups. Also a grouse or gopher/squirrel won't know the difference. The extra hundred fps or so is barely noticable, if at all. The accuracy is usually dramatically better.

have to disagree with that,the CCI segmented on grouse are the best bar none.every one i know uses them and nothing else for a reason.. no lost birds!
 
Rivalen, why not give "standard velocity" rim fire ammunition a try? In most rifles, it will give far tighter groups. Also a grouse or gopher/squirrel won't know the difference. The extra hundred fps or so is barely noticable, if at all. The accuracy is usually dramatically better.

There are a few guns that specifically request you use Mini-Mags. Advantage Arms conversion kits mention working best with Mini-Mags. Mini-mags are supposed to be a very consistant brand, which is desirable, especially for some finnicky autoloaders. I don't think the best thing about them is the velocity, but the consistancy. Of course, I've never even seen a box of them for sale at any places I shop, so what do I know.
 
Thanks for the info guys. I haven't had a lot of experience with mini-mags, only a few boxes of 100. My rifles didn't like them at all. I don't use semi autos though, only bolt actions like Anschutz, CZ and Cooey. That may be the reason.
Glad they work for you fellows.

As far as lost grouse, I can honestly say I haven't had many problems with that. Any 22rf hitting a game bird that small is catastrophic to its metabolism, if the shot is placed right.
 
There are a few guns that specifically request you use Mini-Mags. Advantage Arms conversion kits mention working best with Mini-Mags. Mini-mags are supposed to be a very consistant brand, which is desirable, especially for some finnicky autoloaders. I don't think the best thing about them is the velocity, but the consistancy. Of course, I've never even seen a box of them for sale at any places I shop, so what do I know.

Sometimes the CCI Minimag's velocity is critical to cycling some stubborn semi-automatics ;), esp. b/c it tends to be a "truer" high (though not "hyper") velocity .22 LR cartridge :), as oppose to the "stated-but-different-in-practice" velocities of other brands....:stirthepot2:
 
Sometimes the CCI Minimag's velocity is critical to cycling some stubborn semi-automatics ;), esp. b/c it tends to be a "truer" high (though not "hyper") velocity .22 LR cartridge :), as oppose to the "stated-but-different-in-practice" velocities of other brands....:stirthepot2:

I think you found a better way, to say what I was trying to say. English is my second language, North End Winnipeg was my first :eek:

As I say, no one carries them around here, so I've never had a chance to try them yet. Thankfully the fed 525 paks, run well in my semi's.
 
I think you found a better way, to say what I was trying to say. English is my second language, North End Winnipeg was my first :eek:

No worries...:p.....English is my second language too; gibberish being the first....:D

As I say, no one carries them around here, so I've never had a chance to try them yet. Thankfully the fed 525 paks, run well in my semi's.


I love the Fed 525's :), but my source for them in Toronto has totally dried-up....:(....
 
Mini mags and AE HP's both shoot the most accurately in my bolt action rifles, and both are not currently on the shelves. On the other hand, for the small difference it makes, Federal 525 bulk bullets shoot good enough. Its getting hard to be choosey about anything ammo related these days.
 
Mini mags and AE HP's both shoot the most accurately in my bolt action rifles, and both are not currently on the shelves. On the other hand, for the small difference it makes, Federal 525 bulk bullets shoot good enough. Its getting hard to be choosey about anything ammo related these days.

It's sad to hear that you guys in "the 'Peg" are about as hard-pressed as us in Toronto (ammo-wise), these days....:(
 
Back
Top Bottom