CCI Musket Caps Multiple Use??

BlackPowderBurner

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
125   0   3
Location
the chesterfield
Hi all,

I picked up a tin of CCI Four Wing Musket Caps the other day for my new .58cal Zouave and it says on the tin "Multiple Use" on the label...
This must mean that there is a way to put new priming compound inside but I have no idea what to use or how to go about doing that!
If any of you seasoned and salted blackpowder enthusiasts could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it!
 
Hi all,

I picked up a tin of CCI Four Wing Musket Caps the other day for my new .58cal Zouave and it says on the tin "Multiple Use" on the label...
This must mean that there is a way to put new priming compound inside but I have no idea what to use or how to go about doing that!
If any of you seasoned and salted blackpowder enthusiasts could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it!

There are recipes available on the net. Research on making percussion caps on the net, there is some information out there. Usually caps are a one time use due to the damage they receive from the hot gases coming back up through the nipple. Not having done it I am not sure how many times a musket cap could be re-used. I do know that there can be a quality difference in cap manufacturers. Good luck let us know how you make out.
 
Hi all,

I picked up a tin of CCI Four Wing Musket Caps the other day for my new .58cal Zouave and it says on the tin "Multiple Use" on the label...
This must mean that there is a way to put new priming compound inside but I have no idea what to use or how to go about doing that!
If any of you seasoned and salted blackpowder enthusiasts could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it!

Could it possibly mean that other firearms can be converted to use musket caps rather than reusing the cap multiple times?? Before the 209 primers were used as the ignition system for inline muzzle loaders I had 2 in-lines that I converted to use musket caps. With the musket caps they were much more reliable than with the regular # 11 nipples and caps. The biggest downside was they were extremely dirty so when the 209's came into vogue I switched to them. Now I use the #11's on my side-locks and 209's on my in-lines.
Chuck
 
The multiple use caps are for hunting,target shooting etc. There are also caps marked reanactment which I assume are not as strong as the multiple use ones and therefore not as reliable for hunting.
 
You all fail reanactment are stronger more flame so they look like the gun is really shooting ... multi purpose means you can use them shooting bullets or just caps for realist looking to just shoot caps with flames
 
Back
Top Bottom