CCI Stingers

I bought stingers, velocitors, mini mags, Winchester excitor (sp) and a few others at del's in Vernon to try out all the hot .22 shells I could find. the bulk federal 525 pack was more accurate than any of them so I just use those. I love the idea of them coming out just smoking fast.. but at 50 yards it was pretty noticeable on accuracy so they are all just for fun.

Although, mini mags, being more pointy feed the best out of any shells I have ever tried.

It's all through my two bolt actions but feeding is important for them too.
 
I was gonna use them out of a 10/22 and a 597. Try to tighten up the inadaquacies(?) typical of those semis.
I still have a few thousand in the federal bulk paks, as well as about 11K of the remington cyclones.

Fassteel, those Lapua 22s shoot about 4 inches lower then the Federal bulk pak shells at 50 yrds out of that CZ. I was quite amazed at the difference.
I had about 30 of the Lapua left when I went to the 100 yrd range...Dropped all but about 5 inside a 3 in circle with the CZ. Mind you....I had to do about a 14 inch hold over. :D
 
22

I was gonna use them out of a 10/22 and a 597. Try to tighten up the inadaquacies(?) typical of those semis.
I still have a few thousand in the federal bulk paks, as well as about 11K of the remington cyclones.

Fassteel, those Lapua 22s shoot about 4 inches lower then the Federal bulk pak shells at 50 yrds out of that CZ. I was quite amazed at the difference.
I had about 30 of the Lapua left when I went to the 100 yrd range...Dropped all but about 5 inside a 3 in circle with the CZ. Mind you....I had to do about a 14 inch hold over. :D

The should shoot lower as they are quite a bit lower velocity, how did they group Rick? FS
 
i always buy them at canadian tire. they're pricey but they're just about the best. i find the federal bulk packs are too inconsistant but the best for bulk still. fun to plink with but when hunting i go for the stingers everytime
 
The Federal 525 bulk packs were $16.95 about a month ago at Walmart in McMurray. Went today to further stock up and they are now $25.98, that is quite the jump.
 
Back
Top Bottom