CF block for Stevens Favorite?.....

Prairieshooter

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Location
Edmonton, AB
OK, so since I can't seem to access the exchange page, can somebody here help me out?

I'm looking for a centrefire block for a .32 cal. Stevens Favorite. I'm told there WERE a limited number made in this calibre before Stevens discontinued the model. Anyone out there have a junker Favorite with a serviceable cf block they would sell me?

DJ
 
I've never heard of a .32 centerfire favorite. Be aware however that .32 rf and .32 short colt or long colt have different bore sizes. The RF ammo used a heeled bullet while the centerfire stuff was seated inside the case. I guess you could use a centerfire case with a heeled bullet or a roundball but it's a lot of work for a favorite. I could set you up with some reloadable RF cases if you need them.
 
Tactical; thanks for your interest and the offer.

If the "re-loadable" cases you speak of are the same ones Dixie Gunworks sells, I'll pass. I've tried them before and they are just not at all what I'm after.

Would you happen to know if Navy Arms still offers new manufactured .32 rf rounds? can't find any mention of it on their site. I had one box of the stuff but used it up all too fast. I know I'll pay dearly for them..they were pricey even back in '99.

DJ
 
Navy arms doesn't have any and their manufacturer is under contract with the US military. It will be several years before there is any available. It is also not legal for import due to its lack of headstamping (RCMP BS to keep us from getting it).... Of course if you know someone on the US side they can bring about a thousand rounds or so per trip for "personal use".
 
I am going to try to make a set of moulds for the 32 RF heeled bullets... Anyone have any idea how to manufacture rf cases? I wonder what happened to the old Dominion tooling....
 
OK, so since I can't seem to access the exchange page, can somebody here help me out?

I'm looking for a centrefire block for a .32 cal. Stevens Favorite. I'm told there WERE a limited number made in this calibre before Stevens discontinued the model. Anyone out there have a junker Favorite with a serviceable cf block they would sell me?

DJ

You have to apply to join the Equipment Exchange. You can do so by following this link:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_cgn_exchange_rules

Please don't post anymore want ads or FS ads on the board.

Thanks!
 
RF cases are deep drawn, then headed.

Essentially what happens is a disc of brass is held over a hole, and a punch pushes the center in. anneal the brass, and repeat until you have the right size. anneal again, have the closed end sticking out of the hole that gets hit with a hammer in order to head it and form the rim (usually the headstamp is done then too).

Priming's a whole nother story though.

If you search youtube, there's a video from a .22 factory.

J
 
Back
Top Bottom