chamber length of the antique Remingtons converted to .38RF?

m-134

Regular
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Location
Thunder Bay, ON
i've seen few of the old remington revolvers with cartridge conversions for sale over the last year and they seem to have a prety long chamber, does anyone know if they are able to chamber .38rf longs, or just shorts?
 
I have a Remington New Police conversion, I can use .38 longs in it. Cyl. length is 1.352 in. The .38 long ammo I have, is 1.322 in. total. The Shorts I have are not much different, 1.20 total. I think they were designed for longs. The guns are well built, with thick cyl. walls. Bill..
 
thank you for the info, a few years ago i picked up about 90 rounds of .38RF (~ 30 are longs) and if i find one of those rems for a good price i think i will defantly pick it up. ofcorse since i have some long i would like the option of shooting longs also, just like my .32 defender revolver.
 
I have a Remington .44, 1863 production, converted to 44/100CF about 1868.

They used the original cylinder, sawed off the back end where the Nipples were and sweated on a Plate with a new indexing ratchet machined into it. This means that the original muzzleloader cylinder is still in use, so it is straight-bored full-length, not chambered at all in the way we think of it. I swear, you can almost dump half a dozen .45-70s down there!

Just something to watch for.
 
Back
Top Bottom