charleville by navy arms Price check

And when I bought mine in 2000 it cost 1100$ ...I ordered mine straight from pedersoli in Italy.

Indeed. That was probably 1998 or so when I was going to buy one, and I felt the price was too high. Two or three years later...... Well, it really IS high now! That may be due to increased quality, though. I have an older Pedersoli Bess from the 70's or 80's, and I'm not impressed. Only half of the flash hole is exposed to the pan, so it blasts fouling all over behind the lock. The tumbler seems rather loose in the lock plate, and the stock appears to be some sort of knotty, 2nd rate hardwood. The newer ones I've seen are far superior. I would examine any of the older replica arms very carefully before buying one, especially one built from a kit.
 
Indeed. That was probably 1998 or so when I was going to buy one, and I felt the price was too high. Two or three years later...... Well, it really IS high now! That may be due to increased quality, though. I have an older Pedersoli Bess from the 70's or 80's, and I'm not impressed. Only half of the flash hole is exposed to the pan, so it blasts fouling all over behind the lock. The tumbler seems rather loose in the lock plate, and the stock appears to be some sort of knotty, 2nd rate hardwood. The newer ones I've seen are far superior. I would examine any of the older replica arms very carefully before buying one, especially one built from a kit.

Good Advice

thanks
 
Don't let it throw you off that it was a kit.

Most factory arms are put together by someone just doing his job;)

But a kit is usually put together by someone who is putting love and time and thought into the piece.

Those old Navy arms Charlevilles are great, I have a 31 year old one I bought as a unassembled dried out and forgotten kit and cherish it now that I assembeled the old girl. "its the same age as me;)".
 
Got a couple of pictures

xxcharlevillejpgxx.jpg


xxcharleville.jpg
 
Jpc, thats a nice looking musket! She will look much better after a good cleaning though!;)

If the bore is in good shape I think you will get alot of joy out of her!
 
Back
Top Bottom