Cheap 12g small game ammo?

Jeff000

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 94.4%
17   1   0
Location
Edmonton
What is a good small game ammo for a 12g? 3" max.
Something for like a crow, small bird, gopher, or something like that. And cheap, I'm still the bang bang bang did I get it shooter.
 
I'm still the bang bang bang did I get it shooter.


Start with the cheap target loads and practice more before you start blasting at wildlife!

The cheap target loads (for clays which you should be shooting) can be used for small birds like grouse.
 
Start with the cheap target loads and practice more before you start blasting at wildlife!

The cheap target loads (for clays which you should be shooting) can be used for small birds like grouse.

I'm not as bad as I make it seem in my first post, I shoot lots of target, will pound through a case an a half of target load tomorrow, have a nice white quail thrower with wobbler that gets pretty good use. Trying #8 instead of my normal #7.5 tomorrow.
I can hit ~75% of the clays. I get a little adrenaline pumping when I see a wildlife target though, and I have shot at a small bird with target and seen feathers but had it fly away still, trying to avoid that.
Target load is not effective on gophers, not at the 30 yards range anyways, I can see the load hit, but they run away.
 
you can get the winchester bulk packs in wally world and ukrainian tire in shot sizes up to 2 around here, 5 is a good all around in the pocket size.

Target load #2 or #5? I've never actually looked for that. I like Federal over Win. But not sure that matters.
 
Back
Top Bottom