Cheapest Surplus 7.62X39 in the Lower Mainland?

Hi Henry

You do have the best price in town but not by much.

Lever Arms price per round after taxes is ~ 17.75 cents per round

Your price works out to ~ 17.00 cents per round

Some might consider the extra 0.75 cents per round worth it in light of the fact that the rounds will be of newer manufacture (1990's) as opposed to the tins which could be as old as the 60's.

I will still be seeing you for my crates today, don't get me wrong, but I will say if you went 160.00 + taxes I would increase my order. 160.00 is what Lever had as a seasonal deal for the 1120 round crates, I think if you wanted to have people beating a path to your door 150.00 + taxes would have them there in droves :)

edit: 160.00 = 16 cents per round, 150.00 = 15 cents per round
 
1960 or 1990 production, what is the real difference?
It goes bang and loaded on stripper clips, I don't care.

I personally haven't noticed much difference, I know from my reading on here that some say the 90s rounds use a different powder and are "hotter" and I have heard some say that they were getting duds in the older batches of ammo.

If you were interested in sitting on a case for long term storage the newer manufacture might be more attractive. Although you could make the case that the sealed tins would be inherently more durable than the plastic sealed 90s manufacture.

I have crates of both right now, I will set one of each aside and let you know in 20 years how they fire ;)
 
4 plastic bags, 300 rounds (on strippers, with a cardboard sleeve over each stripper)to a bag. Packed in a wooden crate lined with tar paper? and sealed with a sheet of the paper over the top.

No pics, I could if you really wanted though.
 
The Lever arms is the 1200 round case, I read somewhere that this was the troublesome ammo. There was some posts about the stuff LeBaron was selling in 1200 cases (Plastic bags, not cardboard boxes) that had rusty cases.

From the posts I read, everyone said that the 1120 was the way to go if you want reliable rounds. I have only shot a half case so far, no duds and no rust.
The posts I speak of where from the spring, I haven't been keeping up to date.

I also remember a dealer saying that they now know what happened to the bulk loose ammo they were offered went to. Aren't the Plastic bags Bilingual? From my understanding it sounds like someone bought the loose, bulk ammo and repackaged it.

But as I said, I haven't been keeping up with the Surplus scene lately, maybe someone more informed could correct me.
 
I believe the bad lots of ammo came loose (no strippers) although I can't say for sure as I have only bought Levers stuff which has been fine (no rust and on strippers)

I think it was Marstar that made the comment about where the ammo they rejected went.
 
Back
Top Bottom