Chiapa Sharps

I cant say much about a full size chiapa sharps, but i have one of the reduced size ones in .22 rim fire. I also have a bit of experiance with a.22 1911 ( sort of clone) handgun. With only the 2 guns ,Chiapa has been taken of my like to have list. I do say they have some pretty guns, even if they are crap. PM me if you want to hear to hear all the gory details.
 
They make great LOOKING guns but at the expense of the insides where things really matter. I've watched buddies with Chiappa have internal issues and I've got one of their flintlock rifles sold under the Armi Sport banner (just a different department of Chiappa) which took so many shortcuts on the important inner details that the lock was nearly useless.... and then the undersize tang on the mainspring snapped and now it's totally useless.

So I often look at them in all their prettiness but sigh and move on.
 
Yes I d love to have one of their Spencer carbines but I m not willing to take a chance with my money ending up more so as a decorator than a shooter
 
Hi,
I had a 38-55 Chiappa Sharps smaller version than the full sized Sharps.
Outstanding quality, great shooter, and an overall fine looking rifle.
I also have a 1892 Winchester model with octagon barrel. My comment on this rifle is "GREAT RIFLE"
It is in 44-40 and a true joy to own.
So, I guess you have to see. before you buy.
On the two rifles that I have owned, all I can say is good.
Best regards!
Fred
 
Back
Top Bottom